Progressing

Arch in cupboard
As we progress with the last few things we need to get done before closing up for the winter I still find a few surprises. Today I was in one of the round towers and took a closer look inside an old cupboard with a very worn out wooden door. Inside I noticed that there was a strange arch shape in the stone wall at the back of the cupboard. Not sure what purpose it once served, certainly not a cupboard. Maybe it was a window or a small door or perhaps just a niche. Without taking the
Mosaic floor
 render off the wall on the outside of the tower we will not be able to see if this arch goes all the way through to the outside, maybe next summer we will renovate the render and take a look. Also today in preparation for the old oak door and frame being refitted in the front tower I thought I would clean up the mosaic floor a little, try to see what it will eventually look like - I think it looks lovely!

Comments

Popular Posts