The moat is back

When I first came to view the chateau for the first time last February the moat was full of water. Over the summer that water had all gone. Yesterday I was in the moat walking around and looking at where the rainwater from the gutters drains into the moat - there was just a large puddle of water at one end.
Then this morning  I go up in the cherry picker to carry on work on the drain pipes and from the height that I am now at I can see across to the moat - it is totally full. Over night it has filled up with about 4 or 5 feet of water. Well it has been raining nearly every day
and the water has at last found its way from the fields! Can't wait to build some walls over the next few years so that the water will be retained in the moat for the whole year! Tomorrow I must walk up to the lake and see how full that is too!

Comments

Popular Posts