Up by the lake

Slowly we are getting the garden and park areas back under control. We have spent a few days clearing around the lake. Last autumn we spent a lot of time and effort here so this year it is now quite easy to strimm everything back. Today we cleared around an old oak tree that I had not really looked closely at before. It is lovely and offers some nice shade from the hot summer sun. We have now moved our sun loungers and BBQ up here as it is such a great place to sit and relax after a hard mornings work. Slowly the long grass is getting cut back everywhere. This has been the
hardest thing so far. I have tried to rent ride on hay cutting mowers but the hire places are vague and useless. I have asked farmers who say they will do it but then are impossible to contact. But now I have the solution. I am off to the UK tomorrow for a few days to pick up all sorts of things I have bought for the chateau on ebay. I have now also bought a motorised scythe that will sort out the long grass :) 

Comments

Popular Posts