Last jobs



I have about 10 days left here at the chateau before I have to head back to Austria. So there are a few jobs to be done before I leave. One of these is to remove a couple of trees growing out of one of the round towers. Last year we cut them right back, hoping that they would not start growing again. Of course they did. So today I used the cherry picker to get right up there with the jack hammer. The answer to this problem is to remove the stone around the main trunk of these small trees and then pull it all out.


Once the roots and trunk have been cut and pulled out it is time to repair the wall. It is amazing how much mortar you need for a couple of small holes - 4 buckets! But it was a job that needed doing and it looks a lot better now. Whilst I had the cherry picker at the back of the chateau I took the opportunity to get all the fallen leaves out of the gutters.



Comments

Popular Posts