Cutting the grass again

Amazing, it is the beginning of March and the grass in front of the chateau looks like it should have been cut about ten days ago! So it was out with the ride on mowers for the next three days - I have a lot of grass! Because the grass had grown quite long I could not just leave the cuttings, I needed to remove it and take it to the recycling centre. In all I filled thirty large builders bags with cut grass - these are pretty heavy to get into the back of the van.


But it was worth it. When the time came to head back to Austria the lawns were looking really good. The apricot tree that I planted last autumn is just starting to blossom and the cherry tree is almost in full blossom. Daffodils were everywhere too, the birds were singing - so nice and now I can  not wait to get back for the summer. 



Comments

Popular Posts