I'm Back!

Just arrived back at the chateau and will be staying for the whole summer give or take a few breaks. A lot of work ahead. I have to repair / rebuild about 350 metres of stone wall along one side of the forrest to try and keep the wild boar out. Then I have to improve the drainage ditch that runs through the forrest to the lake to stop the flooding in winter. Just bought a digger which will be a lot of help with both of these projects.

In the meantime lots has happened in the 10 days since I was last here. Spring has certainly sprung! The apricot tree is really blooming and the Kaki tree just starting. The acorns that I planted last November are starting to shoot and a couple of the little oak shoots that I dug up and planted pots have started to grow. All good for my plans to plant about 10 new oaks in the coming years.

The lawn mowers had also been dropped off for a service with an English guy that I was recommended. Picked the first one up and it is cutting like a dream again which was just as well as the grass needs regular cutting now. The tractor should be back tomorrow with the turf tyres fitted and next week a flail mower arrives. Hopefully then I can start cutting the new grass in the park.

Comments

Popular Posts