Hard work, big improvement

Today the sun was shinning and it was back on the digger for a second day attacking the tree stumps by the Bolle windmill. I started with the smaller ones to get the hang of the digger again and then moved onto the big stumps. There were three big ones right next to each other, so close that I wondered if they could in fact be one tree. After about two hours of clearing around them and still not being able to get even one out I thought I was going to have to admit to failure! 


I had been taking so many roots out that the pile was getting bigger and bigger. Finally when one huge root finally snapped and came out the largest stump started to move. A few big pulls and it came free. The thing was so big and heavy and left a huge hole. Now things got a lot easier, I could get better access to the two remaining stumps and pretty soon they were also both out. Just look at the size of these old stumps.

It was then a pretty easy job to push all of the soil back into the large crater that I had made. The digger makes it so easy to move the soil around and level the ground off. Best of all, because I had to make such a big hole, all of the weeds and ivy had gone! It is starting to really look good now. Just a couple more big stumps tomorrow and then I can try and level the whole area. Should be a great view to the windmill from the chateau.


 


Comments

Popular Posts