Weeping Willows

Quite a good day today, had the ride on mower fixed after the cutting deck support parted company with the cutting deck! Then I was very kindly given some weeping willow cuttings so that I can hopefully grow a few trees this summer! The plan is to plant about 4 around the lake and maybe a couple in the park where the water always sits when we get a lot of rain. These are fast growing trees so in about 5 years they should be a really good size. Unlike my oak trees for which I have to wait about 50 or 60 years! 


The flowers that I planted around one of the trees in the front garden are doing well and looking great. Hopefully they will now start growing and spreading out a bit. Lots of weeding to do around that tree and also where the flower pots are with the trees are growing. Plan is to use the digger to clear and level off that whole area where the pots are!



Comments

Popular Posts