Get that Stump


One of the first things that we did when we bought the chateau was to cut down a tree that was growing right up against the wall of one of the round towers. We cut it right back down to just the stump. The stump was very big and right up against the wall. Over the years it had broken and moved the drainage pipes that the down pipe from the gutter fed into. It has been on my list to do something about for a while. Now that I have a stump grinder it was time to attack!


So armed with a freshly sharpened chain saw, the stump grinder and my arms it was time to do battle! I had to put the stump grinder onto a pallet to start with as I could not cut the stump low enough with the chain saw. Once I got down to earth level I could get rid of the pallet but it was still tricky to get the part of the stump that was right up against the wall. Slowly but surely it was ground down. It took me the best part of two hours but it was worth it. In the late summer we are putting in the drainage pipes from the chateau so will repair / replace the broken pipe that the down pipe should connect to. This system drains down to the moat.



Comments

Popular Posts