Burning, the solution!


I constantly struggle with keep the farmyard good order, keeping the weeds under control. This week I am trying a new solution for the problem. Burn the bastards!! I have a gas powered flame gun which is supposed to kill weeds. I noticed that when we have had a fire around some of the old tree stumps it stopped them from growing new shoots for quite some time. Along the side of the barns weeds have been allowed to grow into small trees and thorn bushes - almost impossible to get rid of without breaking up the concrete and digging out the roots. So today I have cut them right back and burned then to a cinder. This should hopefully stop any growth until next spring. With the large tree stumps in the front garden I torched them until they were really hot and burning and then left them overnight. The next morning - gone!






Comments

Popular Posts